Cinco De Mayo On Taco Tuesday

The universe is just having a good ole time with us at this point!

I guess we've been on punishment for so long that we were granted one privilege. Cinco De Mayo on Taco Tuesday!!! Now, I'm not one to miss out on an opportunity so you know I took full advantage of the day. 

My little MENU included: Guacamole, Queso, Spanish rice, Steak & Chicken Fajitas, Warm Tortillas, Fresh Watermelon Margaritas and Pineapple Mojitos!!!

Now you may be wondering why beans didn't make the cut???

After 12 long hours. A perfect stock and seasoning blend. I BURNT THE DAMN BEANS!!!! Don't judge me. I did everything right. Except step away to take a quick shower but that turned into a whole self care session and as a result. I burnt the damn beans!! LOL

So, no beans. I was upset at first but quickly realized the meal would still hit without them :-)

Cinco De Mayo cooking is extra fun because you are drinking margaritas and taking shots all while cooking! (I may or may not do this everyday. But, I digress.)

Anyway, I wanted to share a highlight or two from my meal First the NY STRIP STEAK prep used for the fajitas because it was absolute perfection. Second the ingredients for that bomb BOOZY WATERMELON MARGARITA

Both were super simple show stoppers!! 

Steak Prep:
  • 1 thick cut NY strip
  • 1 lime
  • 1 garlic clove finely sliced
  • Worcestershire
  • black garlic pink Himalayan salt
  • cracked pepper
  • onion powder
  • garlic powder
  • fajita seasoning
  • adobo (citrus)
I squeezed all the lime juice into a bowl and added 1tbsp Worcestershire. Mixed the liquid in the bowl and added sliced garlic. I generously seasoned both sides of the steak and poured my liquids over the steak. Saran wrapped the steak and stored overnight. The next evening I seared both sides in a hot skillet. Let it rest for five minutes and finished on 475 F under broiler for 5 minutes. 
Boozy Watermelon Margarita: 
Serves 4-5

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Simply Watermelon 
  • 2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 double shot Jose Cuervo Silver
  • 3 cups Jose Cuervo Watermelon Margarita Mix
  • 1 cup frozen watermelon
  • ice
Blend and serve. Garnished with fresh mint. 






Comments

Popular Posts